Ad banner placement (728x90)
News Author: Kurdpress 2021-05-30 04:35 Reading time: 1 minute Views: 0 (0)
Text size:
Telegram WhatsApp

Jabar Yawar denies he was replaced as Peshmerga secretary general

Story summary
The Kurdistan Regional Government’s (KRG) Ministry of Peshmerga Affairs replaced Secretary-General Jabar Yawar with Rebaz Berkoty on Friday, May 28.

According to NRT the internal Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK) dynamics drove the choice.
A source from the PUK’s Headquarters 3 stated that Berkoty had been selected as a candidate for the PUK in an Erbil consistency for Iraq’s October parliamentary elections, but was dropped in a reshuffle following the party’s decision to run jointly with the Change Movement (Gorran), which insisted on running a woman in that spot.
The party then decided to select Berkoty for the secretary-general position.
Later on Saturday, however, Yawar denied that a change had taken place, but said he would implement any order that is issued from the Kurdistan Region Presidency and the KRG.
“For me the position and seat as Secretary-General is duty and service not fame and privilege,” Yawar said.
Reporter's code: 50101

Related stories

User comments

0 Comment
Rating:
(0)
Submitted comments will be published after moderator approval.
Smart news assistant
Quickly review the latest important stories