Ad banner placement (728x90)
News Author: Kurdpress 2021-07-10 19:01 Reading time: 1 minute Views: 0 (0)
Text size:
Telegram WhatsApp

Kurdish politician: American forces must leave Erbil airport

Story summary
A prominent Kurdish politician stressed the need for US forces to leave Erbil International Airport, saying that staying at the airport would lead to more attacks.

"This is the second time that some Iraqi forces have attacked US forces at Erbil airport," Mawazine News qouted Mahmoud Osman as saying.

Stressing that Americans are not trusted, Mr. Osman added: "It is better for American forces to be transferred from Erbil airport to another place."

Iraqi Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) officials announced a rocket attack on Erbil airport on Wednesday morning, last week.

The Iraqi Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) said in a brief statement that the Erbil International Airport had been hit by a missile.

An Iraqi security source said the US consulate was on high alert after the attack on the airport and sounded the alarm. Also, all routes leading to the airport were closed.

The Pentagon confirmed the attack and said there were no casualties in the attack.

Reporter's code: 50101

Related stories

User comments

0 Comment
Rating:
(0)
Submitted comments will be published after moderator approval.
Smart news assistant
Quickly review the latest important stories